To all those who didn’t yet know: The latest version of Eclipse, the one that was in development by “the team” mentioned in Link’s “The Team, the Dream” post, has been cancelled. Well, not really. It’s just going to be it’s own thing. It’s not coming onto Eclipse because Link pissed off the dev team. (Or so I’m told). I’ve been waiting for Link to post something to let his community know what’s up, but I’ve seen him online all the time with nary a word.
As such, and with some earlier drama to top it off, I’m pulling Eclipse Skywyre. I don’t want it re-uploaded. Eclipse Skywyre v10 will be available as soon as it’s verified on IndieDB -> HERE
I’m doing this for a number of reasons:
1. Eclipse was an amazing place. I loved it deeply. But it’s not here anymore. We have but a husk of what it was and I think it’s time for everyone to move on. There’s a certain higher place that’s showing some wonderful promise. It’s got a great community going, and although it’s just beginning to spread it’s wings, it feels like Eclipse used to. A place to hang out, have fun, and make games! If you want a direct link, add me on Skype as I can’t post it here without being insta-censored. Skype: @riverskyward
2. Even though I’ve kept this place alive with this engine for the better part of 8 months, Link had the nerve to tell me off. We’ll see how well he does without it.
3. This is old, outdated software that I’m sick of having to support. It’s also about time we stop forcing 90% of people using this engine (programming wise) to pirate other old, outdated software illegally. Big things are coming on that higher place I mentioned earlier.
4. My Farewell thread was locked because the owner of this site couldn’t keep his cool.
5. Eclipse is very selective with what rules they’ll follow or when they’ll follow them. For instance, I’ve linked my own site (and products on my site) numerous times without a single consequence. Yet the first time I post a link to that higher place it get’s taken down immediately and I’m left with a warning.
6. You know how Anita Sarkeesian disabled comments or ratings on her videos because of the amount of people that called her out on all her bullshit? Yeah, that’s every single one of Link’s posts now.
Anyways. I’m leaving. I’ll probably be banned for doing this, but who gives a duck. I was once a respected member of a vast community. Now I’m just “that jackass that TOTALLY didn’t keep this place alive while the owner twiddled his thumbs.”
Have a good one!