How to improve?

how do i improve this map?

The map looks pretty good seki. Try adding some flowers and other ground details other then the patches of long grass. Give the villagers individual names like there real people, it will make the world more personal and interactive. Also how about a few tree variants? Whats the probability of walking into a Forrest and only coming across a single type of tree?

thanks niko!

Could consider something that isn’t square patches of grass/roads, diagonal(45, 30,15 degrees etc) and other things makes it look a lot smoother.

The lightning from the lamps look really odd, at least during the day, as the picture shows.

thanks Xel, i’ll keep that in mind.

Needs more details on the floor, random flowers, stumps, rocks etc. You could change the trees to be random not all the same. You also need to make the path worn out and more random and none linear with non paved short cuts of a mussy grass tile set as not everybody sticks to the paths. There is also some graphical errors, 1 is your fault 2 are the tiles I think.

Please, tree variety- do you see a single tree everywhere IRL? Also- where’d all that wood come from to build those shacks? I don’t see no stumps bro or woodcutter shacks.

ok thanks guys!

@‘BeNjO’:

Needs more details on the floor, random flowers, stumps, rocks etc. You could change the trees to be random not all the same. You also need to make the path worn out and more random and none linear with non paved short cuts of a mussy grass tile set as not everybody sticks to the paths. There is also some graphical errors, 1 is your fault 2 are the tiles I think.

How nice of you. It’s nice to know that people are still willing to look out for flaws. It’s probably your OCD kicking in again.

I also want to make note of the strange circular object on the table, it uses different and more contrasted colours than everything else, making it stand out. Did you do that on purpose to draw the player’s gaze?

Pretty sure that’s the cursor.

yep it is. im gonna change it 🙂

Depending on the map, you can raise the upper right corner so there is a ledge/drop/different height, different heights can add to a game.

I’m no mapper expert but I’d add some more flowers and other ground decorations.

Ok Thanks galactic!

Overall, the map is pretty decent, I’ve seen much much worse! However, the things you want to stay away from is your pathing. Paths usually aren’t so even, so make your paths a little more uneven, and natural, and same goes with the grass. Honestly, that’s all I really see that is wrong here. just needs more “naturalness”, otherwise, good job bud!

In this case, I wouldn’t change the path much since it’s a small market and people make paths straight and at right angles, in a cave, forest, etc. then I’d say change the path, but in a market, they’re usually straighter. However, there a re a few corners that can be curved rather than a right angle, so I will agree to an extent with CM 🙂

ok thanks people!

Well, true, it is a market but any path you walk on is weathered or worn, no perfectly straight roads, especially no perfectly straight paths, IMO.

@‘CMFiend420’:

Well, true, it is a market but any path you walk on is weathered or worn, no perfectly straight roads, especially no perfectly straight paths, IMO.

Well this IS a game and not a simulator. I think we can all accept the fact the roads look brand new.