Andur Engine 2.1 will bring fixes to the bugs that were in 2.0 plus bringing in more new features that will help shape your game a lot better!
Better NPC AI:
- NPCs attack position
- Friendly and Shopkeepers now move and will defend you from nearby enemies (you can set them as neutral if you’d like)
- Better NPC target, now Enemies can target you or an NPC a lot quickly than the last version where they would just stay still or not attack until they’d want to.
- NPC flee system, you can set the % chance of NPCs fleeing
- Dynamic shadow feature
- Shadow options in the project editor
Me and Daro created dynamic shadows which reflects the actual character rather than use a shadow texture. Thanks to @Mohenjo-Daro for improving the shadow code
- Added shortcuts for different dev functions
- Removed the admin tab from the editor and put it on the screen separately so moderators can access it.
- Admin menu is now toggled
- Added an event scrollbar on the map properties (Not functional yet) This would be used to have an event which would activate on map entry.
- Item editor and NPC editor tweaked
Inventory full bug (would give you a message saying your inventory was full even though it wasn’t when equipping an item)
Player frames not changing when editing the frame option from the Project editor
NPCs not attacking other npcs or players
NPCs with attack on sight behavior attacks admin
Replaced old shadow code with dynamic shadows, the old shadow was unaligned and required source edits.