Remember the good ole days when games used to be challenging? So do we. Crawle is essentially a survival dungeon crawler sandbox game. Crawle focuses on realistic survival using mechanics such as sanity, hunger, thirst, energy, diseases and permanent death. Your task is simple: survive.
(Note: Some of these images are pretty old)
- A randomly generated environment.
- There is no EXP in the game and therefore there are no levels - you are not restricted in any way.
- After a while your supplies will run out. Fortunately, you can visit a dungeon to grab some supplies and resources.
- Going without food will cause your character to become sick, diseases may also develop on your character from eating raw food or being around dead animals, increasing your death rate. They will also decrease certain stats.
- Dungeons can be found through holes in the ground, be careful though because sometimes you can end up in other worlds.
- There are bars for hunger, thirst, energy and sanity, if any (aside from energy) reach zero, you will die.
- Depending on the type of world you have you only have two or three chances in the world. Unforgiving mode however only gives you one chance.
- Sometimes a travelling Merchant will drop by to say hello. In the mean time, you can trade with villagers.
- Earthquakes can occur, causing new holes to appear, revealing new dungeons/caverns.
- There is no traditional health system, instead your health is based off your blood content and the damage to your body parts. You can also bleed out.
- Animals do not despawn, instead they can be skinned, picked up and taken to your house or just left to rot.
- Multi language!
www.sleepystudios.com (Main Site & Forums)
www.sleepystudios.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45 (Crawle Board)
www.indiedb.com/games/crawle (IndieDB Page)
Crawle 0.5.0 Nightly 1: http://sleepystudios…id=2266#pid2266