How to make autotile?

please tutorial how to make autotile in map editor

I don’t quite know how to do this, but the thread name says npc editor, please fix that.

Well I never worked on autotiles more than one time so sorry for the poor example. Ive found just making 3 simalar images and place them in line, like in the my example worked for me. The example is of the size for EO4 autotiles and I do belive they are the same size as most other engines autotiles, just not sure. Ive color coded each of the 3 images in the example to show how they fit together as well as my one autotile attempt lol. it took me a couple trys to get my end result hope this helps a little.

deleted

Oh man I am so sorry. I was explaining what I was doing on here to my GF and showing her the examples working in my game. I noticed I showed you how to make an animated tile lmao. I do belive just one section of my color coded example will work for autotiles agin sorry for the mix up…

I could do it for you if you still need it, see here

If you use DirectX8 ( EFF, Eclipse Worlds, Eclipse 3.0 ). I don’t recommend you use the Autotilesets, If you use many Autotiles in a Map, FPS drop is comming.

Just telling someone to not use something cause of drops doesn’t help them, it can be coded a better way to work better almost anything is possible.

Just telling someone to not use something cause of drops doesn’t help them, it can be coded a better way to work better almost anything is possible.

Not in VB6 😉 And only few people here are actually skilled enought to optimize it, so yes, advice is to not be lazy and do not use autotiles too much.