Dragon Eclipse 2.0

I love the whole newb friendly Eclipse Engine idea… I just wish people would test these things more…
I’m going to break this lol… Give me 10 mins? I’ll be right back…

=p

@Eragon2589:

uploaded! check the download links 😉

You rock man! 多謝您!

English Version:
Trying to delete a convo, crashes the Client
There is not a “none” button for “class required” in the spells editor.

IDK… maybe I am missing it, but where is the option to add a NPC or pet to a spell or even the item?

Edit: Is there a way to remove in game menus you bring up?

I have a error in the client. In the new and old spanish client i have this error : Run-time error 40020 - Invalid operation at current state. In the new and old english client i have the same error :S help? but eclipse origins 2.0 and many other’s eclipse’s run’s perfectly. Sorry for my bad english…

Really i need this eclipse please help :S i have installed the libraries.
__
Tengo un error en el cliente. En el nuevo y viejo cliente español yo tengo este error: Run-time error 40020 - Invalid operation at current state. y en el nuevo y viejo cliente ingles tengo el mismo error ¿Ayuda? pero el eclipse origins 2.0 y otros eclipses funcionan perfectamente.

De verdad necesito este eclipse, porfavor ayuda :S tengo las librerias instaladas.

@Cristian624:

Tengo un error en el cliente. En el nuevo y viejo cliente español yo tengo este error: Run-time error 40020 - Invalid operation at current state. y en el nuevo y viejo cliente ingles tengo el mismo error ¿Ayuda? pero el eclipse origins 2.0 y otros eclipses funcionan perfectamente.

De verdad necesito este eclipse, porfavor ayuda :S tengo las librerias instaladas.

ese run time error a mi tambien me aparece, según la guía de RTE que hay en la página no tiene solución para evitar que aparezca, pero de todas formas a mi cuando me aparece, vuelvo a abrir el cliente y funciona normal (solo me aparece 1 vez cuando se demora mucho en iniciar…quizás sea un problema del direct7, ya que se queda pegado ahí antes de que aparezca el error)

@lel:

Trying to delete a convo, crashes the Client
There is not a “none” button for “class required” in the spells editor.

IDK… maybe I am missing it, but where is the option to add a NPC or pet to a spell or even the item?

Edit: Is there a way to remove in game menus you bring up?

it’s loo like the convo have some conflicts with the event system in some lines of the code, i think the best is not using convo system because event system have a convo-like system (and if you know how, remove it)

just place the item in the same number than the NPC you want to summon and you’re ready to go (eg: i have a wild wolf NPC in the number 5…so if i want to summon that npc i need to create a summoning item in the number 5 of the item list)

! @Ryoku:
! > How to use:
Make a summon item, set your requirements, and SAVE! Now remember what number that item is.
Next, make a NPC ON THE SAME NUMBER as the summon item
Now summon, and the rest of the controls are the same.
you now have an advanced summoning system, and ability to make an entire Tamer Class.

Are you currently working on any other features? x)

Tenias toda la razón gracias eragon ya me funciona!!! 😄 gracias de verdad!!! te recomiendo que le agreges al engine una creación de 3 characters, eclipse origins trae por defecto solo para 1 ^^

I see, great job on the ani. tiles. I have not played with them yet, but they look great.

@lel:

I see, great job on the ani. tiles. I have not played with them yet, but they look great.

all credits are for Linkmegax 😛 a pretty easy way to make anim tiles for the map

Looking now for the “None” in the spell editor
(i removed the conv system and i’ll test if the event system is crashing or not with the conversations)

why when my antvirus on, mallware automatic detect and delete?
and when i open client -> error
pict:

hmmm you should try to compile the client and the server in the vb and test

About the “none” in the class required in the spell editor, here is how to fix it (thx to lel for reporting this!):

Client side:
In Public Sub SpellEditorInit() change this:

' build class combo
        .cmbClass.AddItem "None"
        .cmbClass.Clear

To this (just invert that tho lines):

' build class combo
        .cmbClass.Clear
        .cmbClass.AddItem "None"

How can i make that the summon Item dissapears after use and how can i have multiple pets ?

Dear Eragon! If i place a door with the teleporting destination/ key requirement, and i walk into the D’s spot, the server crashes with subscript out of range '9. Any idea?

How to create a bow?

Just make an weapon and set the arrow = Bow

i mean Projectile system,i can’t find it

For “destroying” the summon item when you use it, do this (credits to Ryoku Hasu)

In modGameLogic replace Sub SpawnPet with this

! ```
Sub SpawnPet(ByVal index As Long, ByVal mapNum As Long, npcNum As Long)
    Dim PlayerMap As Long
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim PetSlot As Byte

'Prevent multiple pets for the same owner
    If TempPlayer(index).TempPetSlot > 0 Then Exit Sub

PlayerMap = GetPlayerMap(index)
    PetSlot = 0

For i = 1 To MAX_MAP_NPCS
        'If Map(PlayerMap).Npc(i) = 0 Then
        If MapNpc(PlayerMap).NPC(i).SpawnWait = 0 And MapNpc(PlayerMap).NPC(i).Num = 0 Then
            PetSlot = i
            Exit For
        End If
    Next

If PetSlot = 0 Then
        Call GiveInvItem(index, npcNum, 0)
        Call PlayerMsg(index, “The map is too crowded for you to call on your pet!”, Red)
        Exit Sub
    End If

!     'create the pet for the map
    Map(PlayerMap).NPC(PetSlot) = npcNum
    MapNpc(PlayerMap).NPC(PetSlot).Num = npcNum
    'set its Pet Data
    MapNpc(PlayerMap).NPC(PetSlot).IsPet = YES
    MapNpc(PlayerMap).NPC(PetSlot).PetData.Name = GetPlayerName(index) & "'s " & NPC(npcNum).Name
    MapNpc(PlayerMap).NPC(PetSlot).PetData.Owner = index

'If Pet doesn’t exist with player, link it to the player
    If Player(index).Pet.SpriteNum <> npcNum Then
        Player(index).Pet.SpriteNum = npcNum
        Player(index).Pet.Name = GetPlayerName(index) & "'s " & NPC(npcNum).Name
    End If

TempPlayer(index).TempPetSlot = PetSlot

'cache the map for sending
    Call MapCache_Create(PlayerMap)

!     'Cache the Pets for players logging on [Add new Number to array]
    PetMapCache(PlayerMap).UpperBound = PetMapCache(PlayerMap).UpperBound + 1
    PetMapCache(PlayerMap).Pet(PetMapCache(PlayerMap).UpperBound) = PetSlot

If PetMapCache(Player(index).Map).UpperBound > 0 Then
        For i = 1 To PetMapCache(Player(index).Map).UpperBound
            Call NPCCache_Create(index, Player(index).Map, PetMapCache(Player(index).Map).Pet(i))
        Next
    End If

!     Select Case GetPlayerDir(index)
        Case DIR_UP
            Call SpawnNpc(PetSlot, PlayerMap, GetPlayerX(index), GetPlayerY(index) - 1)
        Case DIR_DOWN
            Call SpawnNpc(PetSlot, PlayerMap, GetPlayerX(index), GetPlayerY(index) + 1)
        Case DIR_LEFT
            Call SpawnNpc(PetSlot, PlayerMap, GetPlayerX(index) + 1, GetPlayerY(index))
        Case DIR_RIGHT
            Call SpawnNpc(PetSlot, PlayerMap, GetPlayerX(index), GetPlayerY(index) - 1)
    End Select

're-warp the players on the map
    For i = 1 To Player_HighIndex
        If IsPlaying(i) Then
            If GetPlayerMap(i) = GetPlayerMap(index) Then
                Call PlayerWarp(i, PlayerMap, GetPlayerX(i), GetPlayerY(i))
            End If
        End If
    Next

End Sub

! ```

In modPlayer

! find:

Case ITEM_TYPE_SUMMON

and add this at the bottom

Call TakeInvItem(index, itemnum, 0)
>! ```

–-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the Projectiles, just create a weapon, then click on any other item in the list, then go back to your first item, you should see now the projectile options

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

@UchiaAxelz:

> Dear Eragon! If i place a door with the teleporting destination/ key requirement, and i walk into the D's spot, the server crashes with subscript out of range '9\. Any idea?

start the server in debug mode in Visual Basic (open the server.vbp and click F5) now do the thing you do for the error and when the error appears, press debug and paste here the highlighted code. I'll try to find the error too

maybe is causing some trouble with the door system of the event system

The global and map chat buttons does not work

they work for me :s

hm ill try again and look whys not workiing thanks anyway 😄